Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow!



The week before Thanksgiving, I woke up one morning and looked out the window to find that it was snowing. I can't remember a time growing up in Kelso when it snowed before Christmas, so to say I was a little excited is putting it midly! Addison had never seen or played in the snow, so I was excited for her to expierence that too! So I woke her up. First mistake. Got her dressed in several layers. Second mistake. And took her outside in the falling snow. Third mistake. I thought she would love it and run around like a manic. I couldn't have been more wrong. She stood on the back stoop and looked around. She put her gloved hand out to catch snow flakes, and walked into the back yard. Than asked to go inside. That was it! No excitement from her - although to this day she keeps talking about wanting to build a snowman and make a snow angel. She is truly a beach-baby and likes that warm weather. Lord help us if we ever have to move that kid to Alaska!

No comments: