Monday, January 24, 2011

Lake Merwin






I have very found memories of going up to Lake Merwin when I was younger. I don't think I had been there since I was a freshman in high school so when cousin Anne called one day this summer and invited us to go up to the lake, we jumped at the chance. It ended up being quite a crew - Anne and her kids - Ellie, Gunnar, and Rex - my cousin Katie and her daughter, Maggie, my aunt, Mimi, my uncle, Gary, a friend of theirs, and Grace. Big group, but lots of fun. The kids had a great time playing in the water, which was way too cold for this mama! (I think I am getting a little spoiled and used to warm water - I don't do cold water. Brrrr!)

I know it sounds dorky, but I truly adored days like this. Being so far away, Addie doesn't get the opportunity to play with her cousins, which is sad to me. I grew up with my cousins and the idea that she won't know hers, even though they are second cousins, is a hard egg for me to swallow at times. This is the reason we were so anxious to spend as much time with these guys as we could. I don't know when we will ever get the chance to spend a whole summer at home like we did this year so I truly wanted to take advantage of every opportunity for Addison - and I think I did a good job.

No comments: