Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cold and Windy Day at the Beach






Charlie is working on his masters degree. And one of the ways that I can help him with this task is to get Addison out of the house so it is quiet. Today he had two papers due so Addie and I needed to get out and stay out for a while.

We have been back in Florida for almost a month now and have not been to the beach since! Unheard of, I know! We have just been so busy getting unpacked and settled, or on the days we get ourselves set to go, it is rainy and not a good day to go. I decided that even though it was going to be a little chilly and windy today, it would be a great outing for us to kill a large amount of time.

Addison held her bucket and her shovels on her lap the whole ride down to Mexico Beach. She also had her shades on! She kept asking if she could swim today and probably would have had I let her. But she was excited. She talked about the beach the whole way there. Mexico Beach is about 35 minutes from where we are living now, so she had a lot to say. I could tell she was really going to love it this time. In the past, she has only been luke warm about it!

When we got there, it was cold and windy. But the sun was shining bright and there was no one on the beach. We bundled ourselves up and hit the beach! She wasn't to interested in building the "towey" - aka tower" she kept talking about the whole way down, nor was she interested in swimming any more. I think she decided that I was right and that the water would be too cold. She wanted to walk - which is one of my FAVORITE things in the whole wide world to do on the beach. And she wanted to pick up shells - another one of my favs! So that's what we did! We walked and we filled on large bucket full of shells and two small buckets full of white, powdery sand. It was the perfect morning!

These are the things I will cherish the most about our time here in Florida. Being on the beach in January is pretty hard to beat even through the wind!

1 comment:

Barbara K. said...

Addison is getting so big and stylish! Cute! Love Barb

PS I will blog stalk you especially during the week, since I don't do that much at work. :-D Love you and miss you!