Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scentsy Mama!

While at home I started a new venture. I was beginning to feel the need to go back to work and bring home some extra cash. However, I was not at all ready to give up my time at home with Addison and with Chuck's schedule as random as it is working a job in the evenings was pretty much not an option. So at one of my mom's many, many bazaars this fall, I met Janis! Janis wasn't the first Scentsy consultant I had ever met, but she really took sometime and chatted Scentsy up! After 20 minutes of talking to her, I knew two things. The first is that she and I would become buddies. The second was that I wanted to become a Scentsy consultant. After talking to Chuck about it, we decided I should just wait until we got back to Florida. But after sending out "feelers" on facebook and getting such a great response, I decided to jump in head first and started my Scentsy career the week before Thanksgiving! The month of December for me was AWESOME! December was exactly what I needed to gain confidence and fall even further in love with Scentsy. And while I haven't done much in January because we are focused on getting into our new house, February is looking like it is going to be busy!

If you don't know what Scentsy is, you are seriously missing out. They are "wickless" candles. Sounds crazy, yes, but here is how they work. Essentially the warmer looks like a potpourri pot. It plugs into the wall and a light bulb heats scented wax. (80 different scents to choose from.) There are two GREAT characteristics of Scentsy candles. The first is that the wax never gets hot, so if it spills on someone it isn't going to burn them. (Great for us with little ones in the house.) The second is that there are no chemicals used in the wax - which means you aren't breathing in nasty fumes, nor will you have that yucky black soot on your walls from the candle. There are other products to choose from. But truly a great line of stuff. Lovely to look at too! Try one out and you will be totally addicted!

Check out my website - you can order from it right there, pay with a credit/debit card and have it shipped directly to you!

http://raptorwife.scentsy.us

No comments: