Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week of October 5th

Well since I have all ready written about Monday, I will start with Tuesday...

Chuck and I did a little expirement this week. We are thinking about becoming a one car family for a while. We thought it might be nice to not only be green, but save some green too! But before we just go out and trade my car in, we thought we would give it try. We are in a unique situation living on base and could very easily be a one car family for a while, so why not CASH in on that? It went really well - at least for me because the only day I didn't have the car this week was Tuesday. So, it is looking like we will be going down to one car. I know that it won't be easy - especially when Chuck has to be at work really early in the morning. And I know that there will be times when we will have wished we didn't do it. But I also know that it will be temporary and our bank account will certainly thank us.

Addison and I had a very busy week - as per usual.

On Tuesday, we met our friends Chris and Cally at the play ground across from our house. It was fun, but it was also extremly HOT, so we didn't stay out long. But we were out long enough that Addie came home and slept for four hours. It was marvelous as I got to nap for a little while too!

Wednesday was our usual play date with Emily and Kelly. This week we went up to their house. Addison and Emily are only four months apart, so they have a lot of fun together and Kelly and I get some time for some grown up talk - which is always nice. After our play date, we met up with Lisa Richter for lunch. Her husband was the D.O. - second in command - in the 95th FS when we were here the first time. We loved Ammo and Lisa - they have always been two of our most favorite people that we have met during our Air Force career. We have been trying to meet up with her since we have been back but between her schedule and mine, we hadn't been able to do that. It was great to see her, share some laughs, and she got to meet Ms. Addie. Of course, Addison performed well for her. Ms. Lisa even taught Addison the "Pretty Face." The two of them seemed to hit it off great! And yes, Lisa. She has been doing the "pretty face" since we left you on Wednesday...

Thursday was a MOPS day this week, so we were off doing that. Addison again did great being left in child care while I was our talking "mom" things with other mommies. Sometimes I am pretty sure she doesn't even know that I am gone. In some ways, I think it is nice that she is so independent - but in other ways, I would like to feel like she misses me, even just a little, while I am gone.

Chuck left for an air show in South Carolina on Friday morning. Originally, Addison and I were thinking about driving up and meeting him, but it was a really long trip for me to make alone with her. And it would have really only been for a day, so we decided it wasn't worth it. Chuck was able to meet up with the Shaver's and got to see their newest family member, Emma. I am pretty jealous I wasn't there for that, but it is sounding like we are going to meet them in Jacksonville next weekend, so I guess I can't be too upset. So anyway, Addison and I have been hanging around the house all weekend, working on getting it clean, getting the laundry done, putting up the Halloween decorations, grocery shopping, etc. etc. etc. He is home tonight and luckily, Chuck is off tomorrow for Columbus day so we will get at least one day with him before he goes back to work for the week.

At this point, this week is looking much slower than the last few. Presently, Addison only has one social engagement on her calendar - her weekly playdate with Emily. I am hoping that the weather will cool off and we can hit the beach one day this week, but it has been miserably hot here again and I can't/won't take her when it is this hot - for both of our sakes.

It is hard to believe that we have almost reached the mid-way point of October all ready. This year is certainly flying by. It is even harder to believe that the holidays are RAPIDLY approaching. I know many of you don't want to go there yet, but it is true. They will be here before we know it. Be here and than gone. Presently, we have no plans to go anywhere for the Holidays. We will be here, in hopefully great weather. Our door is open to anyone who is looking for a nice, warm spot to get away to. (And I am not just talking for the holidays either. Our door is always open.)

I am currently sitting out on our screened in back porch with the screen door popped open watching Addison play in her big sand box - aka - our back yard. It is really pretty hot again today, so I am pretty sure as I finish up this post, so will her time outside. We are both flushed and sweating - story of our lives anymore. (Whoever thinks that is really October, raise your hand? It certainly isn't here.) I think all of the Schuck's are really looking forward to the weather cooling off and us being able to spend some serious time outside - our little one loves it and I have felt guilty most of the summer keeping her in. Just a hunch, but I think I am really going to miss the seasons while we live here. I all ready miss fall...

No comments: