Monday, October 5, 2009

Vet

The dogs had to go to the vet today and I couldn't find anyone to sit for me so I wouldn't have to take Addison. It was a nightmare. Lily was pulling and yanking on the leash, barking at anyone and anything in the vet's office, pacing, panting - all in all, acting like an ass. Addison on the other hand, decided that she was not interested in sitting in her stroller and was trying to get out. When she couldn't because she was strapped in, she screamed, and screamed and carried on and on. When they finally called us back to the exam room, the tech didn't even help me manuever back, didn't even offer! To make matters worse, I had to hold Lily down when they were clipping her nails. FYI!!! Not my JOB! I take them to the vet so I don't have to hold them down to do it. I take them to the vet so I don't have to be involved in that process at all. Thank GOD that Luci acted like a mature, well behaved dog because if she hadn't - the Schuck family might have become dog-free today.

I didn't realize what a great vet we had in VA until today. Salty Paws was awesome! They would help me with Addison - even let me leave her with them while I manuvered dogs. I could just hand over the leash to them and they would take the dogs back to the back and clip thier nails and never had to be involved. (And we won't even talk about how wonderful they were with us and Coco when we were dealing with that nightmare.) I really missed those ladies at Salty Paws today and needless to say, we will be looking for a new vet here in Florida. So any of my Panama City peeps - we are up for suggestions!!!

No comments: