Friday, October 30, 2009

Beach Time with Grammy
















No trip to see us in Florida would be complete with out a trip to the beach. On Sunday of my mom and Lane's trip, we got up early. After taking Charlie to work - he was heading to Atlanta for the week - we drove down to Mexico Beach for a morning in the sun. When we left the house, we were kind of worried because it was pretty chilly. However, by the time we got to the beach, the temperture out was perfect - there was even a light breeze to keep the bugs away and to prevent it from getting miserable hot.










It is always fun for me to watch the look on people's faces when they see the white powder beaches here for the first time. And Lane was no exception. He kept saying "it looks like powdered sugar" and it does. Lane was also amazed that in October you could still get into the water. I kept telling him that the water is cold now, but I don't think he believed me. But I guess compared to the Pacific Ocean - a body of water you can't get into ANYTIME of the year - the Gulf of Mexico was feeling good to him.










We had a good time at the beach. I especially had a nice time because I got to sit and enjoy - and Grammy chased the little one for a couple hours. (I miss just sitting and enjoying the sound of the waves.)

No comments: