Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

Neither Chuck or myself are really very excitted when it comes to Halloween. That being said, we have been pretty good sports about getting involved with the Halloween hoopla since we have become parents. But since Addison is still pretty little, we didn't think she would be interested in trick or treating. I thought we would be out for a little while and she would loose interest and than we would spend the rest of the evening chasing her. We made the decision about a month ago that we were going to sit it out one more year with her. We thought that the party at the ACS squadron here was good enough and that she wouldn't even know what she was missing. Our plan may have succedded too if we wouldn't have been giving out candy at our house. Because we had such a steady stream of trick or treaters, I had to leave the front door open. Addison stood at the screen door looking at all the other kids coming and going for a good 45 minutes. She lookes like someone had stolen her puppy - she looked so sad. We briefly talked about getting her dressed up to take her out at the last minute, but the only thing I had ready for her to wear was the hula costume and it was way too cold for that. Boy, to see the look on her face made me feel terrible and I can safetly say that I don't ever want to disapoint that child ever again.

We had such a huge turn out too! All week, I kept telling Chuck I didn't think we had enough candy. On Saturday morning we got up and went and bought an additional five bags - bringing our total to 8 bags of candy. Wouldn't you know - we still ran out! Barely an hour into it, we had to turn our light off. (And I wasn't being really generous either - every kid was getting one peice.) Holy smokes! I guess next year I will know that Sam's Club will be making a fortune off the Schuck's at Halloween.

PS, have I mentioned how much I dislike Halloween?

No comments: