Sunday, November 15, 2009

Holly Fair

I ran away yesterday with some girlfriends to the Panama City Beach Junior League's annual Holly Fair. Being that my mother has been taking me to craft shows and bazaars since I was knee high to a grass hopper, the show was so-so. I have been to so many great, great, great ones throughout the years that this one couldn't even compare. It was nice, but there weren't as many vendors as I thought there would be and there was A LOT of jewlery. (And no quilts, mom!) I only bought a few things - some stocking stuffers for Charlie and my ornament for the exchange at the next MOPS meeting.

Everytime I do to these events, I think to myself that I am really going to get on the stick and get crafty. I always tell myself that "next year" I am going to enter into a craft fair and try to make some money for the holidays. And every year, it's the same thing. I get all motivated and get going for a few weeks and than get side-tracked and loose my mo-jo. If all works the way we are hoping, next fall I will have a lot of time to do these things and will be able to hit the circuit with my mom and make some mula!

It was super nice to be away with some girlfriends for a few hours. And I think Charlie really looked forward to having that baby all to himself all morning as he hadn't seen her much last week. They had fun - they went to the playground, played outside. (Daddy may have had even more fun than she did.) And even though it was nice to be away, the best part of the day was walking in the door and meeting a little girl with a big smile on her face, a "mama," and her arms up for a hug! You can't beat that!

No comments: