Monday, November 9, 2009

This week... Cancelled

We had a crazy week planned. Doctor visit today, Pampered Chef party tonight, Addison doctor appointment tommorrow, November coffee tommorrow night, Veteran's Day Wednesday, MOPS Thursday. At this point, tonight's activity and tomorrow's night activities have been cancelled.

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, we currently are bracing for Hurricane (Tropical Storm, now) Ida. Presently the wind is blowing lightly and it is raining, but it sounds like the worst of the weather is hitting Pensacola now. Ours is supposed to hit us in the middle of the night. I am not convinced it will and I hope I am right. In the meantime, we are just sitting here. I keep thinking that at some point tonight our power is going to go out and we will be sitting here in the dark. (Sure hope that doesn't happen because what will I do without facebook???)

Funny that this is happening now because Chuck and I were just talking over the weekend about how we made it through our first Florida hurricane season without a hitch. I guess that is what we get for saying that... We totally ticked off the weather Gods and this is our punishment. HAHAHA The end of hurricane season is a mere three weeks away. Strange to get one so late in the year, but as long as the weather continues on like it is now, it will be a walk in the park. And besides, we could use the rain. (Again, I probably just jinxed us.)

I guess if you don't hear from us over the next few days, you will know we have no power. But I will do my best to at least post something on here so everyone will know we are okay.

No comments: