Friday, November 20, 2009

Potty Time

Addison has figured out how to take her diaper off. Even when she has pants on. She has been doing this for about three weeks now and after the first week or so, I decided that if she was going to take her diaper off, I was going to put her on the potty everytime she does it. Full well knowing she is a little to young to be potty trained, I just thought sitting her down on the potty would get her used to the idea. In the last few days, whenever we are changing her she either points to the bathroom, or gets up and walks over to the potty. (Making progress!) This morning while I was getting her ready for her bath she walked over to the toilet. More out of habit than anything, I put her on the potty - AND SHE WENT TINKLE!!!! Of course, I made a huge deal out of it and she got really excited about what she had done. I am such a proud mama right now. But am curious to know if this means we should really be working on her or just keep doing what we have been doing? She isn't even 18 months yet, but she seems to be getting the whole idea. Thoughts???

1 comment:

Sam and Sara Ensminger said...

That is fantastic!!! She may be young but I think it is never too young to teach them "it makes mommy so proud when you go on the potty" :)

Great Job!!!!