Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday Shopping

I can very easily say that with the exception of two people, we are officially done with our Christmas shopping. I have never been done this early - I usually don't even start until our Christmas decorations are up which is always the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am so on the ball this year!

Actually, the truth is, I don't want to have to be out Christmas shopping while my parents are here - they get here next Wednesday. I just want to be able to hang out with them as much as I can.

There is a problem being done this early though! I keep buying for Addie even though I need nothing else for her. I just keep seeing such cute clothes and outfits that she MUST have... My thinking though is now that I am done, I won't be going into stores therefor no longer coming across MUST-haves for her. We will see how that works...

And I think other than last minute cleaning - and obviously the cooking - we are ready for Thanksgiving too. We did all the grocery shopping over the weekend. I set my table today even though I will admit it isn't the prettiest Thanksgiving table I have ever done. (No dried leaves or homemade cranberry candles this year. I am not even breaking out the fine china this year.) I will bake my pies tomorrow so we can have pumpkin pie for breakfast on Thanksgiving while watching the Macy's Day Parade.

Charlie is especially excited for Thanksgiving this year. He always does the cooking which as you know is sooo much work. And every year he says "Next year I am not doing as much." But it never fails we do just as much as the year prior. I think for about a week now, he has been walking around the house saying "I can't wait for Thanksgiving." I am not sure why.

Today, I am thankful for my husband. For so many reasons but for his love for cooking in particular. I don't mind cooking but I certainly don't like to do it every night and I am not as good at it as he is. I am so thankful that he picks up my slack in this department and doesn't mind doing it either. Of course, I am thankful for him for so many other reasons- too many to get into on our blog. But just want him to know.

No comments: