Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Virtual" Baby Shower

A post this week from my facebook page this week:

"Due date two months from today."

This prompted a lot of discussion from my friends and the topic came up that this baby would not be getting a baby shower, even though we are in need of some boy items. My best friend and sister in law found this information UNACCEPTABLE. And immediatly the ball was in motion putting together a "virtual" baby shower for him. (Barb - my bff - lives in Hawaii and has had friends over there that have these a lot because - like she said - they live on a rock in the middle of the ocean, making it hard to have showers in person.)

By that same evening, Barb was "stalking" my facebook friends and getting in touch with our family trying to put this together. She found information on "conference" calls on skype which is how this whole thing is going to be possible! That same night Barb, Val (my sister in law) and I had nailed down a weekend to do this shower. By the next day, the date and time were nailed down and a "Virtual" shower web page had been set up. Yesterday, the invite went out on facebook. (If you didn't get one and would like to, contact information is below for Barb - we know many were missed, which I promise is NOT intentional!)

This whole thing is AMAZING to me! I can't believe that I will acutally be able to a) have a shower and b) have everyone who wants to be there, be able to be there - no matter where they are at in the world! Technology is such an incredible thing! I will be honest, I don't know how this is all going to work - I just know I have to have my skype on during the afternoon of August 21st. Barb is really the mastermind of this whole project - again proving she is one of the smartest people I know!

If you are interested in taking part, please feel free to do so! I feel weird sending out the invite from my facebook (or email) as the shower is for my little guy, but know that if you are interested in the whole thing Barb will get you the information. Feel free to email her at barbara.kasulaitis@hotmail.com. There has also been a blogger.com page set up with all the information that is available at this point. (Exact details on how the whole thing works aren't available yet, but I think are coming soon.) That website is:

www.babyboyschuck.blogspot.com

What I do know is that the "shower" is going to take place on Sunday, August 21st. Depending on what time zone you are in is the start time...

Hawaii time is 9 am
Pacific time is 12 pm
Mountain time is 1 pm
Central time is 2 pm
Eastern time is 3 pm

Thank you to all of you well in advance for making this happen! I was feeling pretty blue about not being able to have a shower for this new addition. I feel any and ALL babies should be showered with love before they even arrive. Crazy as it sounds, I was feeling like this little one wouldn't be as welcomed as his sister was. (She might have been too welcomed. HAHAHA) But now, I know his arrival is just as anticipated by our friends and family as Addison's was. I love my friends and family and the thousands of miles cannot EVER change that!

No comments: