Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fighter Pilots and Plungers???



Odd title? Yes, I know. But this is one of the funniest things Chuck has said to me in a long time...

We took a little family outing to Dairy Queen last night, as we do a couple nights a week. While we were driving home, Chuck was telling me about some things that are going on with the Air Force - uniform changes, etc. He wasn't necessairly complaining about things, just talking about them. Truth be told, I think he was more or less expressing his disapointment in how he feels his career field is looked upon.

As we were talking he looked at me and said "You know? Fighter pilots are like plungers!" I laughed at him, but than had to stop and asked him what in the world he meant. His explanation was this. No body wants to acknowledge the existance of plungers. They are dirty and embarrassing. People just want to hid them away and forget that they exist. However, the minute the $h!t hits the fan, who gets the call first to take care of the problem? Plungers!!! He said "It's the same deal with fighter pilots. They are dirty and messy! And the people like to think that we aren't important, but the minute things start looking a little messy - we are the first ones called in. Than all of a sudden - the plunger doesn't look so bad!"

Even though I was still laughing at his analogy, I found his assessment to be very true! This is one of the things I love most about my husband. Even when he is trying to be completly serious about a subject matter, he can say something that is totally hilarious but makes perfect sense. Wish he would get up on stage in front of those who feel the Air Force could run without fighter pilots and put it in these terms for them to understand! Maybe than, our guys wouldn't get the short end of the stick so often!

No comments: