Thursday, July 28, 2011

School is over...


It doesn't seem like eight weeks has passed since I blogged that it was Addison's first day of school. But it really has been eight weeks and now her little summer "school" program is over! School starts for the fall session on August 29th - originally I thought August 22nd - so now we have four weeks of "summer." I am currently looking for fun, inexpensive, and cool activities to keep her entertained for the next month. I have a few ideas, but am always up for more.

Addison loved her school and made several new friends. I wouldn't say she "learned" anything, but overall, I think it was a great expirience for her. She loved doing the crafts and having lunch at school. One of the main lessons I wanted her to learn was how a classroom works. I wanted her to learn that mom and dad aren't the only adults in the world that she has to mind, and she did learn that. I thought it was also really important to get her in a classroom for her to learn how the structure of a classroom works. She and I have never had much of a schedule her at home, but at school they have one and so it was good for her to be exposed to that. I think she will definetly be ready for her class and teacher when pre-school starts next month.

Above is a picture of Addison with her two teachers from the summer. Both are college students, but overall did a great job with the class. I also have to give them huge kudos because Addison was NOT good about using the potty while at school. I would say about 75% of the time Addison would just have an accident and those poor girls would have to take care of it. Definitely greatful to them for that. (One project we are going to crack down before school starts at the end of August.)

Picture: Ms. Megan, Addison, and Ms. KerriAnne

No comments: