Friday, July 15, 2011

A memory I will always treasure!

The other night I was laying in bed watching cartoons with Addison. This is usually how we end our days - an hour or so of cartoons to settle her down for bed. I sometimes lay with her, sometimes I take advantage of her being in one spot and get somethings done that don't get taken care of during the day. On this particular night, I was exhausted and not feeling great. I had the glucose test done that morning and it threw me off all day long.

Of course, everytime I lay down in bed is the time that Baby 'S' decides to wake up and move around. That night was no different. He was positioned right at the front of my belly and while I couldn't tell what it was I was touching, I knew that I was touching some part of his little body. So I asked Addie if she wanted to feel her baby brother. She normally says "no" but that night she agreed. She put her hand on my tummy where it was really hard. I don't think she was too impressed at first. But than he kicked her! And did it again and again and again! The bedroom was dark so I couldn't see her face, but her reaction was priceless. She let out a very EXCITED "OOOOH! Mommmy, is dat my baby broder?" I could hear the excitement in her voice.

Having a baby move inside you is something you can't even describe. The first baby is of course very special, but the fact that this time we get to share it with a little human who we adore and treasure so much makes this expierence so much more amazing. And now of course, everytime I am sitting still she wants to feel her baby. It may not seem like anything to most, but I know the moment she felt him move inside my belly is a moment I will never ever forget!

No comments: