Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 14 check up

Last Friday was my 14 week ob check for baby peanut. Overall, it went well. Chuck wasn't able to go so it was just me by myself. And of course, he missed hearing the heartbeat for the first time.

Good news first - all of my standard lab work came back normal and looked really good. My weight was DOWN - which made me very happy because I know that won't always be the case.

Bad news is that my blood pressure was pretty high. Which is not at all normal for me, my blood pressusre is usually on the low side. Doctor isn't worried about it at this point, but if it is high again at the next appointment, she will schedule me for some lab work to see what is going on. However, because I don't have a history of high blood pressure, she is hoping it is a fluke! I had been cleaning, etc before my appointment, so I think I will blame it on that.

I am finally starting to get my energy back. And I am not sick all the time. I was sick with Addison for sure, but feel like it has been worse even this time around. I still have a little nausiousness, but overall it isn't bad. I have picked up a cough which isn't any fun - but luckily the doctor thinks it is just the pollen in the air, and there is a lot of it. Very happy to be passed the first trimester and feeling a bit more normal.

By the way, I swear I can feel little flutters in my tummy. Chuck is quick to reassure me that it is too early for baby peanut to be moving, but I am not so sure. I am pretty convinced this baby is all ready moving!

Next appointment is April 20th.

2 comments:

Hicaboo said...

I could feel both my second and third by 14 weeks. :)

Jacquelyn Rollings said...

I totally felt Zachary moving around 14 weeks. My doctor said you more the second time because you know what it feels like. Congratulation again and take it easy.