Friday, March 18, 2011

Ten Years Ago

Charlie has been working nights this week, so last night Addie and I climbed into my bed and turned on a movie. I had dvr'd "Dear John" a while ago and decided to watch that. At the beginning of the movie it is spring 2001. It dawned on me that ten years ago - about this time - Charlie flew to Baltimore on the first night of his spring break to move me out to Colorado. WOW! Ten years! Not only did I start to reminise about the trip and how much fun we actually had along the way - believe it or not, traveling that far in a uHaul was actually a lot of fun for us. But I also started thinking about how much our lives have changed. Summary below...

Charlie moved me to Colorado Springs; September 11; Academy graduation; move; wedding; honeymoon; move; pilot training; pilot training graduation; became dog parents to Luci; move; IFF; move; became dog parents to Coco; F 15C b course; move; Langley F 15C assignment; Coco died; became dog parents to Lily; got pregnant; recieved F 22 assignment; miscarried; bought house; move; F 22 tx course, Langley F 22 assignment; got pregnant; Addison born; move; Tyndall F 22 assignment; accepted into Weapons School; move; F 22 weapons school; WIC graduation; move; back to Tynall for second half of assingment; got pregnant; Jenne graduates from OSU.

Whew! What a whirlwind - and I can't believe it's been ten years since we made that cross country treck!

No comments: