Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stewart Family Reunion 2010


In August, my dad's family met up for a family reunion at Lake Chelan, WA. It was a weekend full of a lot of fun! A lot of laughs, food, and drinks were consumed! ALl of the kids had a great, great time playing together - something that doesn't happen all that often.

It was a great turn out! Almost everyone was there! Jake and Brandi couldn't make it because Jake had all ready started his cross country season. My cousin John and his wife Nicki and thier daughter Allison weren't there! And of course, Chuck wasn't there as he was right in the middle of weapons school!

Addison had an incredible time. On the day of the family picnic, she was up early! And started playing almost immediatly with cousins. We than spent the day on the lake - again more playtime. In the evening we went back to the hotel where most of the family was staying and the kids played in the pool. Addison literally went ALL day long with no nap. By the end of the night - around 10 or so that night - she was practically falling asleep on the side of the pool. But she handled is so well and had no breakdowns. Of course she passed out cold on the way home and slept like a champ that night. I think it is safe to say she, like us all, had a great great time.

My family had such a great time that they have decided to make it an annual event. Which is so exciting - this way I always know I will see EVERYONE when I get home. However, sadly, I don't think we will be making it to this year's event. It is the first weekend in August and I have all ready started looking at airfare! It is ungodly expensive, not to mention having to kennel the dogs, etc. Chuck also won't be able to go again and it gets depressing for me to go to event after event without him. And to be honest, the idea of traveling all the way across the country THAT pregnant with a three year old is not something I am very eager to entertain! In fact, that sounds about as exciting as stabbing myself in the eye with a spoon. Guess we will just bypass it this year and see everyone next summer! Sad, but just how it goes sometimes!

No comments: