Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pregnancy to date...

At this point, we are ten weeks along. (Almost 11.) It has been pretty standard to this point, hence the lack of updates. But the biggest thing, is that we have now gone public - so for those of you who all ready knew, feel free to chat it up.

The first trimester is never a picnic, and this time is no exception. With Addie, I was sick - but I was sick every afternoon. I knew that, so I never made plans in the afternoon. This time, I am sick at random times throughout the day - which makes doing things really tough. Of course I am tired, and chasing an almost three year old, doesn't help that much. However, the worst part of the first trimester for me is ALWAYS the metallic taste in my mouth! I feel like I am thirsty all the time and even drinking doesn't help. This is the worst part of being pregnant for me. Last week, I had a good week so I was starting to think we were over the worst - but this week, we are right back to the yucks! My only comfort is knowing that the end is near and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And I will admit, I am not nice to my poor hubby right now! He is such a trooper though and I feel so bad when I snap at him. Love you, honey!!!

We had our first doctor appointment yesterday. That is always such a nerve racking one. And I felt such relief to get in there, see the midwife and have her tell me things are going along fine so far. We had an ultrasound and got to see our little peanut - which is amazing to me. We have lots of pics to share, but are having some technical difficulties getting them scanned. Hopefully this weekend, we will get them out for you all to see.

We aren't really sure if Addison gets it or not. She likes to talk about the baby. She has been playing with her baby dolls a lot. She likes to talk to my belly to, which I have to admit, I LOVE! It is just precious to me. Every morning she lifts up my shirt, presses her face to my belly and says "Good morning, baby! What you doing in there?" It may seem like she understands what is going on, but I am not conviced she truly gets it. And of course, I am so worried about her and her reaction to when the baby is here and comes home. This is normal right and will all be fine?

1 comment:

Jacquelyn Rollings said...

I would like to give you a little advice and that is to take it easy. I remember Mikaela wore me out chasing her around while being pregnant wasn't the easiest thing. Sleep when you can.

Send Our Love