Sunday, March 21, 2010

Toddler Bed


One of the days that I have been truly dreading was the day that we are forced to take the front rail off of Addison's crib and replace it with the front "toddler rail." All week, when we have put Addie in her crib she has been threatening to climb out - putting one foot on the top rail and trying to pull herself up. Last night she got so close that we decided to put pillows/padding on the floor surrounding her crib, just in case she figured it out. Today at nap time, she finally figured it out. I put her in her crib, walked to the door, shut it and before I could even make it to the stairs I heard her hit the floor and start knocking on her door. Luckily she didn't hurt herself! While I was out for my walk a little while ago, Chuck replaced the front rail of her crib with the front toddler rail. Now she can get in and out of bed by herself and we don't have to worry that she is going to hurt herself. But now of course, we get to fight the battle of getting her to stay in that bed at naptime and bedtime. A battle I am not fully prepared for! It is something that I just know is going to make her sleeping even more challenging then it all ready is. Wish us luck! It might be a rough couple of days/nights around the Schuck household!

No comments: