Saturday, March 13, 2010

"She held her own."

The church that Addison and I go to MOPS at has opened up it's Parent's Night Out to us in the MOPS program. We haven't used it since they opened it up, but decided to try it out last night. We hadn't had a date just the two of us since October and were really feeling like we were due for some adult conversation and some time together. Here's how it went:

We ended up getting to the church about a half hour late. The kids in her room were eating dinner, but since I had all ready fed her she took off to the toys. Usually she fusses when I leave her at MOPS, but last night it didn't even faze her that I was leaving her. When we came back to get her, we got there about a half hour early so there were still lots of kids left - there were about 8 there. I noticed that Addie was the only girl in the room and said "Oh, Addison is the only girl left." With a little chuckle the teacher said to Chuck and I "Addison was the only girl all night. Let's just say - she held her own." I have to say - this made me so proud! My little girl isn't going to take any crap from any little boy! The other teacher was across the room with one little boy passed out asleep on her lap chimmed in and said "Ya, of all these little boys, Addison is the only one who isn't tired." That isn't surprising as the child never acts tired!

We noticed her being pretty tough with little boys earlier in the week. Some friends of ours had a new baby last weekend so we took them dinner on Monday night. Thier older son is about a year older than Addison so we took Addie to play with him while we visited and drooled over the new baby. At one point, Jack wanted Addison to go in the other room with him and Addie kept telling him no. Finally, when he pulled on her arm, she firmly shoved his arm away and said "NO!" Even Jack's parents were impressed with how she stood up for herself.

She is such a character and I am so proud that she is learning at an early age to stand up for herself. Chuck and I laughed all evening last night about the "she held her own" comment. Because knowing her, I can totally see it!

No comments: