Friday, March 19, 2010

Battery Powered "car"



One day in February the Bay County Schools had a teacher inservice day. Some of the mom's with school aged kids decided to have a playdate in which all kids in the squadron were invited. Addie and I decided to go. We were all asked to bring a bike, etc for the kids to ride and play on in the cul-de-sac that the family lived on. Once there, Addie wanted nothing to do with the "bike" that I brought her. Instead she went right over and climbed into one (of the two) battery powered "cars" that were there. Of course she was too little to drive it so she got into the passenger side and one of the bigger kids drove. I about had a heart attack when the big kid stepped on the "gas" peddle and took of. Those things move pretty quick! So of course, I panicked and made her get off of it right away. However, I couldn't keep her away from it so eventually gave in BUT I made her hold on with both hands. (I know! When did I become such a mom???) She had such a great time on this thing and didn't want to share with the other kids. AND she did great holding on. I am so glad that I eventually relaxed a little because had I not, I don't think she would have had as much fun as she did. In all honesty, I think it may have been one of the playdates she went to that she had the most fun! And, truth be told, I had fun watching my little dare-devil. (Which, by the way, she does NOT get from me!)

No comments: