Monday, March 22, 2010

Toddler bed, night #1

Night One report: I would say she flunked this round. She didn't nap at all yesterday so she passed out in her daddy's lap shortly after 7. We changed her and put her in the big girl bed and that lasted a whole 15 minutes. She got up after much fussing from her and played until about 9 when we finally tried again. I went up with her and laid on the floor next to her bed for over an hour. She tried to get up a couple of times, but after telling her to lay back down she would. Finally after over an hour, she was still not asleep and I decided to take a new approach. I went downstairs and no sooner did I get downstairs did I hear her knocking on her door to be let out. I hollared up the stairs and told her to get back in bed and we didn't hear another peep out of her. A little before 11, we decided to go to bed and checked on her on our way. She was asleep, but she had fallen asleep on the pillows we had laid on the floor next to her bed. After some debate, we decided to move her up into the bed and remarkably, she stayed asleep. However within ten minutes she was hollaring at the door again. Screaming bloody murder and nothing we could do was making her happy. After 45 minutes of this, we put her down with a bottle on the twin air mattress on the floor of our room next to me. She had a comfy little nest and ended up sleeping there last night. So sleeping in our room with us does not constitute a success in my book!

Nap time seemed to go a little better today, but only because she fell asleep in the car on the way home from the grocery store. I was able to get her upstairs without waking her up and she slept for almost two hours in her toddler bed. I am hoping that this was all she needed and that tonight won't be much of a struggle at bed time. Here's hoping!

And by the way, we still have no word on Weapons School yet and quite frankly, I am getting FED up with this. It has been a month and in my opinion - for whatever that is worth - there is NO reason it should take this long! UGH!!!! Very, very frustrating! Again, here's hoping for tomorrow!

No comments: