Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of (pre) School





Addison is officially a pre-schooler. Pre-school started today and she is back where she was going this summer. She is only going three days a week - MWF - for three hours a day. We thought that was plenty as next year, I am sure, she will be going five days a week - and the following year is kindergarten. (WHAT?!?!?)

We had an open house with her teacher in her classroom on Friday. And to be honest, at this point I am trying to keep an open-mind about the teacher. I have heard some less that favorable reports on her from friends whose kids had her last year. At this point, I have no opinion on her since I haven't really had a chance to talk to her. Friday as well as this morning was a ZOO!!!

But Addison was excited about this morning. She was in our room at 7 asking to go to school, and 7 is early for her. I guess as long as Addison is happy and loving it, it probably doesn't matter if I like her teacher or not.

I will say though for as excited as she was, she told Charlie on the way there she was scared and even acted a little timid when we got to her classroom. Very odd behavior for her. But as soon as she saw the toys and the other kids, she was good to go. I am just hoping the day went ok...

No comments: