Monday, December 7, 2009

Military ID...

left in hubby's truck. EXCELLENT! Not much I can do today without it. I can't really leave base because I won't be able to get back home. Which means I can't run out and pick up the pictures I ordered at Walgreens or get wrapping paper to wrap Christmas presents. Can't purchase a hat on base at the BX for Addison to play outside in. Need stamps, but have no id to go to the post office on base. Boy, you don't really realize how dependent you are on that sucker until you don't have it! So right now I sit either waiting for Charlie to take a lunch break and bring it to me or for my parents to use their visitors pass to get me over to Charlie's truck to get my id. Urgh! Double urgh!

In the meantime, I will blog - and probably blog about nothing in particular or of importance...

Addison and I have such a busy week this week. Here goes.

Today - if we get this id thing figured out - we are going out to Pier Park to help Grammy finish up her Christmas shopping. Maybe have some yummy lunch at Red Robin or Panera Bread - yum! I also have a few errands I would like to run while we are out. Tonight Addie and I are spending the night down at the beach house.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. (Ewww!) And while I am there, Addie will be with Grammy and Papa at the beach. After that, I get to FIGHT Lily and get her into the vet for a shot and a mani/pedi. (I wish I was so lucky to be going for a mani/pedi tomorrow.) I haven't decided yet, but we may stay down at the beach on Tuesday night as well so Grammy and Papa can see Addie on Wednesday morning.

Wednesday afternoon we have a Christmas get-together with our Mops table. It will be fun - a book exchange and yummy treats. So far we have missed every single table get-together we have had due to one thing or another. It will be fun for us to meet all of my new friends' kids as I have not been able to do that yet.

Thursday this week is a Mops day so our morning will be consumed with that. And hopefully a walk on the beach with Grammy and Papa that afternoon as the weather is supposed to warm up towards the end of the week. It has been pretty cold since they have been here and we haven't had much time to play with them on the beach.

I am hoping we can have a quiet, restful day on Friday. After this busy, busy week, we are going to need it. And after Charlie gets off work on Friday, he starts his leave.

Charlie isn't able to take the week of Christmas off, but he is taking all of next week off. The following week - the week of Christmas - is a short week. As is the week of New Year. So really, the bulk of his working is over for the year. I know he is really anxious for a break. As per usual, he is working long, hard hours. He usually does this and than reaches a point where he gets really close to burning himself out. We have some fun things planned while he is off, but I think the majority of our time will be spent relaxing - hopefully down at the beach house!

We had a major disapointment with our Christmas tree yesterday. We noticed earlier in the week that the tree was very dry but that it wasn't taking any of the water that was in the stand. We thought we would try and drill some holes in the trunk to see if we could force getting water into it. However, after we took it out of the stand we could not get that thing to stand straight in the stand. It kept tipping over. And because it was so dry, every time it would tip over it would lose a ton of needles. So after an hour of fighting the tree, we ended up un-decorating it and taking it down. SAD! Luckily, we had purchased a small tree for Addie's room and moved that one downstairs. It is tiny but does the job. I have not been interested in having a fake tree until this year. So the day after Christmas when they are on sale, I am going to break down and buy a fake tree. I know I will miss the smell - but isn't that what candles are for? (I know I won't miss the mess!)

In other news, Addie went tinkle in the big girl potty again this morning. That is only the second time, but I feel like we are moving in that direction. Which is good because I am tired of diapers. I am so proud of her and she was just as proud of herself.

No comments: