Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas shopping... DONE!

I can say that as of yesterday, our Christmas shopping is done! I have never been done this early - and now the problem is just stopping! The house is decorated, the cards are almost in the mail. Now I have to wrap - YUCK!!! And I have two little craft projects I want to attempt. (Well, one is a craft, the other is simply downloading videos of Addie onto DVD's.)

I could seriously buy forever and ever for little Missy! It is ridiculous how many cool things are out there for the little ones. And everything I see for her I think "Oh, she would have sooo much fun with that." Did they have all this cool stuff when we were kids and if so, how did our parents ever stop? Christmas morning around here is going to be STUPID - the amount of stuff she is getting - just from us. And I know in the future, when she understands Christmas we really need to tone it down as it is important to us that she learns the real meaning of the holiday. But in the meantime, we are having FUN!!!

Addie and I started our little baking tradition yesterday. I have very fond memories of my mom baking for the holidays while I was growing up and I really want Addison to have the same memories. Since we don't have family here to bake for, I am baking and Chuck is taking into the squadron for his co-workers to enjoy. Yesterday we made snowballs and oatmeal/chocolate bars. Both were very tasty!

Grammy and Papa get here tomorrow night. They are at Jake and Brandi's in Texas right now. I have a few errands I need to run today to help them get all settled and I need to get somethings lined up to take down to the beach house for Addison since I am sure she will be spending A LOT of time there over the next month or so! I think Addison, for as much as she understands, is looking forward to having them here. And I know for certain they are excited to be here with her!

Thursday night - and I don't know why it is Thursday night - is the all important CIVIL WAR. Oregon State - my alma mater - takes on our arch enemy the Oregon Ducks. It is a big game as usual, but this year there is A LOT at stake. Whichever team wins is going to the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day. The Beavs haven't been there since sometime in the 1960's - I believe. I am sure it will be a good game and we may have to start drinking early in the day to get through it because I am SURE there will be tense moments. We hate the Ducks with a passion but those bastards always manage to make our heart stop time and time again during the Civil War. Many years, I have been on my knees praying during the game. No joke! Last year, Chuck couldn't even watch it with me I was so bad. Now that is saying something!!!

Saturday is the base Kids' Christmas party. Santa will be arriving in an F15. We are dressing Addie up really cute and taking Grammy and Papa with us. This is the only time we are planning on taking her to see Santa this year, so hopefully we get some good pics like we did last year! I will post what I get!

I think I can officially say now that it is December - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

No comments: