Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree





I always decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year was no exception. And usually we wait a few weeks to put the tree up. But I was so excited to see Addie's response to the tree that I asked Chuck if we could go get our tree and put it up early. On Friday evening, we went out and got our tree. (Addie was a big help getting the tree in the stand!) We let it sit over night to "drop it's branches" and than decorated it Saturday evening. Addison was curious for a little bit - she "ooohed and aaahed" over the ornaments. She would even take them over to the tree and hold them up to the tree. She couldn't quite figure out how they stayed on the tree so I tried to show her. That didn't really work, so she would just bring me the ornaments and would just show us where she wanted them. Obviously being that she is 18 months old, the tree is very interesting and I think to date, I have all ready re-decorated the bottom of the tree about a dozen times. I am finding ornaments all over the house - but luckily we were smart and put the breakable and valuable ornaments out of arms reach.

No comments: