Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday and Wednesday

With the jet being broken and Addison and I having no reason to rush back, Chuck and I decided that we should have a down day on Tuesday. Rather than driving back exhausted, Addison and I spent Tuesday in the hotel room while Charlie was back and forth between the hotel room and the air field. She and I slept in late - which was much needed for the both of us, did some laundry, got all of our bags repacked and organized, and watched tv. I would have loved to have taken her to the pool, but it was pouring down rain - another reason I am so glad we didn't drive home that day.

Charlie came back to the room and we went to lunch at a great Mexican place right behind our hotel and than we came back and took a long, family nap. That was heaven!

By the time we got up from our nap, Charlie had to go back over to where the jet was to meet the security forces that were coming over to guard the jet while it was getting fixed. Addison and I walked over to Chili's right next door, had dinner and decided to walk over to the outdoor mall that was right behind our hotel. (Our hotel was actually in a great spot with the exception of being so far from WDW.) After a nice little walk we got some cookies for a treat and walked back to our room.

Not knowing when the jet was going to be fixed, Chuck and I decided that I would head home on Wednesday. Our dogs were in the kennel and needed to be rescued! I got up early on Wednesday morning and put Addie in the car in her pajamas. If our trip was really over, I was really ready to be home. It was a gorgeous day out and the trip home was uneventful other than a little traffic in Tampa - hence rushour! Addie and I got back to Panama City a little after 1 on Wednesday afternoon... and with that comes the end of our Disney Adventure.

Oh and Chuck got home on Thursday morning!

No comments: