Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Strawberry Farm






Once in a (great) while, Chuck will randomly take a day of leave - just because. A few weeks ago was one of these occasions.

Last year Addison and I went out to a strawberry farm with a friend and her daughter. It was such a blast and it was something I thought Chuck would love to do with Addison. We had been waiting and waiting for the farm to open and I noticed on my way out of town for our Disney trip that they were open and ready for business. Chuck was eager to do this with her and I think he was really happy that he was able to take a day off and go with us.

The most amazing thing about this day was Addison remembered it from last year. All the way there she asked if she was going to get to see the animals like last year at the "library farm." (Library farm = strawberry farm.) Amazing to me for two reasons. The first is that it was a YEAR ago we were out there last and second was that last year she didn't TALK! Boggling to me what their little brains hold onto!

Unlike last year, she did not love the berries. She ate the tip of one and spit it out! Last year, she didn't eat many, but she ate a few and seemed to like them. Our strange child doesn't like OR eat fruit. We picked a tone of berries - so much so that I still have three gallon sized bags of them in our freezer. (AND we went back a couple weeks later with our playgroup. I didn't get nearly as many that time and Addison still didn't eat any berries.)

And of course, Addison showed her daddy all the animals. She loves animals, something she gets from him. Don't get me wrong, I like animals too, but not like this girl and her daddy.

She wasn't ready to leave - proof from the screaming and carrying on that she did - but we had done our damage and it was hot. It was time to go. Luckily, there were very few people at the farm while we were there so her fit wasn't really noticed by anyone but us. Note to all you wanna-be berry pickers out there! Go in the middle of the afternoon during the week. Hardly anyone is there!

No comments: