Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 17 Check-up

Just returning home from our week 17 check-up. All in all, it was a good one. My blood pressure was back down to normal this time around - proving just like I suspected that the last check was a fluke. My iron levels are really good. In fact, she said they are better than most pregnant women. My weight was only up 2 pounds this time! YEEEEES!

We took Addison with us so she could hear the heart-beat. And although Addison talked the whole time - and not using her inside voice mind you, I think she really like hearing that. Her eyes got really big and she said "OOOOOOOH!" (She actually did stop talking long enough to listen.) When Addie was asked if she wants to see the baby next time, she got really excited - so it looks like we are taking her next time too! By the way, the heartbeat was sitting at about 150 - very similar to Addison's.

One of the biggest concerns that I had is my level of pure exhaustion this time around, and more specifically the last few weeks!!!! There are days when I can hardly function because I am so tired. Sleeping all night and waking up tired, needing a two hour nap in the afternoon, and needing to be in bed by 8 is really taking a toll on me, my house, and my family. Hard to chase after a three year old having no energy what so ever! When pregnant with Addie, I was tired but really only the first trimester and this time around I never felt tired during the first trimester, but this second one is killing me. This issue is really the only thing I was desperate to talk to the doctor about. Because my iron levels are good, anemia is not suspected. Tammi, my nurse practioner, thinks it is simply from chasing a three year old and being outside in the heat. She suggested we chill out a little bit on all of our activities! Boo for Addison, ya for me! I feel bad that I am going to have to take away some of our fun with Addie, but I have to be able to function. I won't completly cut out everything, but there is no reason we have to have something going everyday. However, I will be looking for GREAT indoor (and quiet) fun activities for my munckin until she starts her school program in June. Suggestions welcome!

Our next appointment in May 12. This appointment is the BIG one! First we have an sex-determining ultrasound - hooray, because I am so anxious to know that I can hardly stand it. Immediatly following this ultrasound is our 20 week - HALF WAY - appointment. (Hard to believe that half-way is rapidly approaching.)

1 comment:

Sam and Sara Ensminger said...

My girls had fast heart beats too, but I think I remember more in the 170's. If you listen to the old wives tale then it a girl :)