Monday, April 25, 2011

Saturday, Day 3






Because we had been out pretty late on Friday night at the Magic Kingdom and getting lost on the way back to our hotel, we weren't in any hurry to get up and get moving on Saturday morning. We had a leisurly breakfast and visited with the Schantz Family before they took off to the air show for the day.

Our third day we were headed to Animal Kingdom. Not even I had been there because the last time I was at Disney World - in 1996 - it didn't exist. We were pretty confident Addison would like Animal Kingdom. Our little girl LOVES any and all animals! Something I am confident she gets from her daddy. And boy were we right! She loved Animal Kingdom - it was the first time was saw her get really excited to be at "Mickey Mouse's House" - her name for Disney World. The plan was to only spend a half day there, but once we got there we realized we needed to spend the whole day there because she was having such a great time.

Animal Kingdom was also the park where Addison finally showed some interest in meeting the characters. They have "Camp Mickey" there which is an area designated just for meeting the characters. While we were in Camp Mickey, Goofy, Minnie and Mickey were out meeting guests. We started with Goofy and with Daddy's help, she got to meet Goofy. When she saw Minnie, she had to put on her Minnie outfit and Minnie was so exicted to see Addison dressed like her. By the time we got to Mickey, she was an old pro - even though Daddy still had to go with her.

The one thing I was really wanting to do was the safari in "Africa." Since I will probably never actually make it on a real safari, this is as close as I will get. However, the sign clearly said "No pregnant women." Booo, hisssss! But a lady came up to us in line and gave us some fast passes so Charlie and Addison were able to get on it in 20 minutes rather than an hour plus. Charlie took the camera to take pictures for me, but I was still bummed that I didn't get to go. Oh well, I guess next time.

One of the biggest things that happened while we were at Animal Kingdom is that we got a phone call telling Charlie that one of the jets was broken. And broken pretty badly. Either he or Joker (Dan Arkema) was going to have to stay behind until it was fixed sometime MID-WEEK. I quickly volunteered Charlie to stay behind, as this would give us at least one more day to play. Our passes were four day passes and if we went with our original plan we were only going to use three of those days. To me, that was a waste of money - I wanted one more day. Normally, I would have been upset about a broken jet, because it usually means he is stuck TDY somewhere longer than expected without us. But not this time! I was ok being "stuck."

We left the park around 6 and decided to have an early night. Epcot and Hollywood Studios were on tap for Sunday....

No comments: