Friday, February 26, 2010

Pudding

Addison loves pudding - in particular chocolate pudding - always has. Last week at the store, I actually bought oreo pudding and it did taste a lot like an oreo which she also loves. She is now getting big enough to open the fridge and get out pudding, or whatever she is in the mood for, when she wants it. Luckily she doesn't do it very often - but the last few nights before bed she has been bringing it out for her bedtime snack. She is also tall enough to get into the silverware drawer now as well. (When we moved in she wasn't tall enough to reach the top drawers in the kitchen so we didn't put baby latches on them. Now she is tall enough and we just have to take the time to put the latches on.) Last night she went and got herself a pudding cup and brought it to me. She then went into the kitchen and got a spoon and brought that to me as well. I opened it and helped her take a few bites. She than walked away and went back into the kitchen. I could hear her rummaging around in the silverware drawer and than she slammed it and walked back into the living room where I was with her pudding. With her she brought a beater - from the electric mixer, which are kept in the silverware drawer. When I asked her what she planned on doing with it, she totally ignored me, walked over to the pudding cup which I had put down on the coffee table, and put the beater into the cup. She than proceeded to eat her pudding off the beater. This child has done a lot of funny things, but this one might have been the funniest thing she has done in a long time. I was laughing so hard I was crying and she just continued to eat the pudding that way like it was the most normal thing in the world! Of course it was all over the place, but she was so proud of herself since she had done it herself. I guess I don't need to show her how wonderful it is to eat cookie dough, etc. of a beater while baking - she all ready has it figured out!

No comments: