Wednesday, September 14, 2011

38 Weeks and a false alarm


Sunday, September 11th marked the start of week 38. With my mom here, and the nursery done, we are more anxious than ever to have this baby. I am hugely pregnant and equally as miserable. I have been having contractions on and off for weeks and have thought all along we would have him early.

Yesterday, I had quite a bit of bleeding and Mr. Sawyer wasn't moving much. I called the doctor's office and being that I am now 38 weeks along, they sent me to the labor and delivery unit at the hospital for observation. Of course, I got my hopes up - but after being monitored for an hour it was determined that I was not in labor and I was sent home. BOOOOOO HISSSSSS! However for some reason, I just didn't have the "feeling" that yesterday was the day. FALSE ALARM made for one not so happy pregnant lady last night. So today, I am bound and determined to "nest" him out of me. And I will NEST everyday until it works.

HUGE HUGE HUGE shout out to my pal Samantha Huet who came over right away with her little man in tow. Not only was she prepared to take care of Addison, she was more than willing to spend the night at the house if she needed. (And while here, she did my dishes...) The military lifestyle has a lot of disadvantages, but making friends with people like Sam makes this life totally worth it. I love ya, girl!

Doctor appointment is tomorrow. Complete with ultrasound, non-stress test and exam. Unless anything happens between now and next Wednesday, our little guy will be making his appearance on Wednesday, September 21st - whether he likes it or not!

No comments: