Thursday, June 2, 2011

My 33rd birthday





Yes, I realize my birthday was well over a month ago, but if you are a "follower" of my blog, you know that I am not very religious about updating it!

This year my birthday fell on a Wednesday - and truth be told, I kept forgetting about it! How come birthdays just aren't as exciting when you are an adult? Is it because we realize birthdays mean you are a year older? I guess...

Chuck decided to take the day off this year on my birthday. Very nice gesture and something he has never done in the 10 plus years we have been together. We wanted to do something that would be fun for all three of us, but as we have found out, there isn't much fun activity here in Panama City - other than the beach.

After a very yummy - and healthy, hahaha - breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, eventually we decided to take Addison to Zoo World over on Panama City Beach. Hohum! Zoo World is a "zoo." And to be honest, it isn't much of one. It is small (and dirty) and not a wide variety of animals. There is a pretty decent petting zoo, but the petting zoo is about the only good part about it - oh and the playground area. Addie also got to feed the animals in the petting zoo - which she loved. But Zoo World is definently not worth the price they charge for admission. However, in all honesty, I didn't mind. I was happy to have my two favorite people with me and Addie didn't mind that it was small or that it was dirty! She was having fun and was happy - which made me happy too!

We went to lunch at Red Robin - one of my FAVS - out at Pier Park and Addison asked to ride the caraoseul. A perfect day for her. In fact, I think I may have even asked Chuck whose birthday it really was - hers or mine? (Since the day was centered around things she would love.) But again, half of my joy from the day was seeing how much fun she was having and how happy she was just to have a day doing fun stuff with mom and dad. The other half was just being with my two favorite people!

After our lunch, we headed home. I took a great nap and woke up to carrot cake and kisses from my girl. A great way to wake up is you ask me!

Overall, it was a great day! However, it really was just another day...

No comments: