Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Schuck Summer

We have had a really busy summer, and I can't believe we have found ourselves in fall all ready. Although, the weather has not cooled off at all here in Panama City, so it doesn't really feel like fall to us here. It is supposed to "cool" off this week, whatever that means, here!

It has taken us a while, but all the boxes are finally unpacked and for the most part everything is put away. (Out office, however, is another story.) I really like this house, but I feel really unorganized here. I made myself a "to-do" list and it is very long. So maybe this feeling of un-organization isn't just a figment of my imagination. The house is still not decorated the way that I want, but that cost money and takes time - so I am working on it little by little.

Addison and I have met lots and lots of people in our neighborhood. Addie has a very busy social calendar. It seems like she has a playdate of some sort every week. We - try - to go to Stroller fit three mornings a week, we have MOPS every other week - with "play groups" that are associated with MOPS frequently, we go to the playground across from our house a lot and we hit the beach as often as we can. We also meet up with my friend Kelly and her daughter Emily weekly as the girls are only a few months apart. We keep busy - Chuck likes to say that Addison has a better social life than he does and he isn't wrong.

Addie isn't talking yet - but probably will be any day. She babbles a lot and sometimes some of the"babbling" sounds like real words. We hear a lot of "Daddy," "mama," and "doggie." Those are the only words for sure we know she is saying. I could have sworn she said "cookie" last night - a girl after my own heart - but she didn't say it again, so I can't be sure.

Chuck continues to stay really busy at work. After tomorrow, he will be done with his instructor upgrade, so that will relieve a lot of the stress he has been under since we got here. They don't give him much time either - on Monday he has his first flight with a student. Him flying with very inexpeirenced pilots makes me incredibly nervous, but I will just have to put it out of my mind. After all, that is what we are here for and it will be a long three years if I worry about him everytime he flies with a student. Maybe with time, I will feel more at ease about it. My new motto needs to be "out of sight, out of mind."

There is no new news with me. I stay busy with Addison and try to keep up with the house. I am not especially good at being a house wife, but I do enjoy it. And for our family, it is the best move we could have made for our little one. I am trying to be better about getting out and about and taking some "me" time because I believe that will help me become a better mom, wife, person all around. So with that in mind, I have decided to run another half marathon. (It isn't until March, so we have lots of time to get ready.)

Addie and I went home to Washington for two weeks in August. It was a great trip and it was soooo nice to be out of the Florida heat. We were really busy and the trip went very fast - they always do. But Addison had a great trip playing with all the "cousins" and especially had a lot of fun with Grammy and Papa. We went to the beach three times, Mt. Hood, we "swam" in the "pool," went to cross country practice with Papa, and much, much more. It seemed like Addison had so much fun. It was hard to leave.

I will be posting some pictures from our trip home, along with some from our summer "adventures" over the next few days. Please keep checking back.

No comments: