Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Snow Day"

I got up this morning fully expecting there to be snow on the ground - there wasn't. The weather channel and local news all said we could expect 1 to 3 inches last night. Being that there was no snow on the ground, I got ready for work, got Addison up and dressed, made a pot of coffee and sat down to watch some of the inaguration festivities before the babysitter showed up. As I was watching the news, I noticed that across the bottom of the screen there were school closings listed. Newport News schools was one of them. Completely confused, I texted my boss to find out why we didn't have to report. There is no snow or ice, so this didn't make sense. Apparently, the snow is "coming" and they didn't want to have to get kids home in it later in the day. I think everyone wanted to stay home and watch the inauguration... But whatever the reason!!! AWHOOHOOO!!!! I have an unexpected day off. Now I am going to plop myself down in front of the television and watch "history in the making." (How corny of me!) I am actually quite happy about this day off because I really didn't want to go to work today anyway - I would rather be home with my baby on the BIG day...

1 comment:

Dani said...

Big Day?!! BIG DAY???!!! My dad says the inauguration of Barack Obama reminds him of Pearl Harbor and September 11.