Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New House


We are so very excited about the house that we have found for our family in Vegas.

It was a very long frustrating search this time around mainly because we don't know the areas surrounding Vegas that well. We know Aliante and Summerlin are great places to be, but we weren't finding much in either of those places that met our requirements that we could afford. We were found a lot of places, but they were either in a part of town we knew we didn't want to live or they were in a part of town we didn't know much about - which would mean we would have to play the wait and see game.

However, about a month ago a friend of mine that I met during our first year here sent me a facebook message. Heather, my friend, is now stationed at Nellis as well and knew someone who was leaving in January and was looking for someone to rent their home. (Perfect timing.) I got in touch with this family and after a few days of emailing back and forth... we signed a lease! This house is exactly what we were looking for. It is in a GATED community, which was really important to me. The neighborhood has a pool - having access to a pool is a must in the Vegas summers. The neighborhood also has running trails, parks for kids, a splash pad for the littles, and a weight/work out room - I feel like I may never leave our little corner of the world. The house itself is big with three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a HUGE kitchen with attached family room, huge loft, fenced in yard. The goodness of the house goes on and on... I haven't been in this exact house, but another friend lives in the same neighborhood and her house is the exact same layout - I have been in that house.

I am so excited and so happy it all worked out. I had started to panic that we would never find what we were looking for. And not only did it workout for us, but it also worked out well for the other family. The timing was right and they never even had to do the work to list the property! I can't wait to get in it, get our stuff in it and start decorating! (I will say I definitely do love to decorate a new house every few years - one of the advantages to moving frequently!)

We move in January 6th. And while I have the address, I will not be posting it on here. If you would like it, please send me a private email at schuckfamily@gmail.com.

This house has plenty of room, so make some airline reservations now... Vegas lodging is free for family and friends!

No comments: