Monday, February 2, 2009

First Word

Addison said her first word yesterday. She had been jabbering up a storm all day and when we got home from the grocery store, I put her in her exercauser. While I was putting the groceries away she was saying "mamamamama." And than she just said "mama." I was in the kitchen putting stuff away and stopped in my tracks and looked at her. I put my hands on my chest and said to her "mama." She looked at me and said "mama" again. It was so cute! But than she didn't say it again the rest of the day so I thought I might have been imagining it. I told my babysitter about it this morning and she texted me a little while ago and said she did it again. I - amazingly - didn't cry, but I thought her daddy sounded a little misty when I told him about it on the phone this morning. I have a feeling once she starts talking, it is all over and our house will never be quiet again. It is wonderful!

No comments: