Here are the pictures of Sawyer's completed nursery! I think it turned out totally cute and was exactly what we wanted....
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Nursery Complete
Here are the pictures of Sawyer's completed nursery! I think it turned out totally cute and was exactly what we wanted....
38 Weeks and a false alarm
Sunday, September 11th marked the start of week 38. With my mom here, and the nursery done, we are more anxious than ever to have this baby. I am hugely pregnant and equally as miserable. I have been having contractions on and off for weeks and have thought all along we would have him early.
Yesterday, I had quite a bit of bleeding and Mr. Sawyer wasn't moving much. I called the doctor's office and being that I am now 38 weeks along, they sent me to the labor and delivery unit at the hospital for observation. Of course, I got my hopes up - but after being monitored for an hour it was determined that I was not in labor and I was sent home. BOOOOOO HISSSSSS! However for some reason, I just didn't have the "feeling" that yesterday was the day. FALSE ALARM made for one not so happy pregnant lady last night. So today, I am bound and determined to "nest" him out of me. And I will NEST everyday until it works.
HUGE HUGE HUGE shout out to my pal Samantha Huet who came over right away with her little man in tow. Not only was she prepared to take care of Addison, she was more than willing to spend the night at the house if she needed. (And while here, she did my dishes...) The military lifestyle has a lot of disadvantages, but making friends with people like Sam makes this life totally worth it. I love ya, girl!
Doctor appointment is tomorrow. Complete with ultrasound, non-stress test and exam. Unless anything happens between now and next Wednesday, our little guy will be making his appearance on Wednesday, September 21st - whether he likes it or not!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
37 Week Check
I had my 37 week check yesterday. Not much new to report. They did not do measurements this week - which we knew they wouldn't. It hasn't been more than ten days since they measured him last. The kidneys are about the same and all the fluid levels are normal. Over all, a good check!
The only news to report is that at this moment we are scheduled to be induced on September 21st. Unless he decides to come on his own - which I am fully open to as well - the 21st is the day!
The only news to report is that at this moment we are scheduled to be induced on September 21st. Unless he decides to come on his own - which I am fully open to as well - the 21st is the day!
Friday, September 2, 2011
36 Week Check
Today was our week 36 check.
Again, we started the appointment with an ultrasound. Currently his kidneys are still dialated, however GOOD NEWS is that they are a little smaller than the last visit. Not much, but we will take anything! He is still REALLY big and has gained almost two pounds since our last appointment two weeks ago. Currently, he is weighing in at 8 lbs, 11 ounces. Of course, the ultrasound could be off by a pound either way. (Let's hope it is and he actually is weighing in at 7 lbs, 11 ounces instead.) His heart rate is good, and fluid levels are normal too!
After the ultrasound, we met with Tammi. The talk today was his size. He is considered gestationally large - averaging at about 39 weeks instead of 36. (His stomach is at 41 weeks... he must be eating really well.) Tammi is not concerned about his weight - she just chalks it up to him being a "big boy." She did mention that if he gets to the point where he weighs over 9 pounds, we will be given the option to have him by c-section. Which let's be honest! He is appox 8-11 now with another weight check in 13 days - ya! He is going to be over 9 pounds!
So now the question becomes do we have a c-section or not? And if we decide to go ahead with a c-section, will an "optional" c-section be covered by our insurance? I know if a c-section is necessary, than obviously they pay for it. But if we chose to go this route???
Let me put this out there. I do not want to have a c-section. I didn't want one with Addie and I don't want one this time either. I made that clear to Tammi at the first appointment. But I also know that if it becomes necessary, I will do what we have to do to deliver him safely. However, I also don't want to go through labor for hours and hours on end only to be told that he is too big to be delivered vaginally and that a c-section is necessary. Having both types of labor? NO THANKS!!! And I don't want to chose to have a c-section and find out that insurance won't cover it and be stuck with a HUGE bill.
In regard to the insurance, Tammi told us to sit tight on talking with them about it. She suggested we give him a couple of weeks and a few more visits to see where his weight will be. However, even though we are having another ultrasound next week, they will not be taking measurements - they want to wait at least ten days before they look at where he is measuring. (Next week will be a non-stress test.) If in two weeks, he is up over the 9 pound mark, we will have the discussion with her than about c-section or no c-section. If we have decided c-section is the way to go, than we will approach Tricare than and try and get them to approve a c.s. AND we will go from seeing Tammi - a nurse/mid-wife to an MD. I am hoping that if we decide to go the c-section route that the doc's office can "code" it as medically necessary and this whole concern about insurance is all for not. (I am compiling a list of questions in my brain to ask at the next appointment - things that have been popping up since we left there today.)
The appointment was not a bad appointment, but I did leave feeling pretty overwhelmed. I am really ready to just have him here and would be perfectly happy if he would just come on his own in the next few weeks so we don't have do decide c-section or not? And than we don't have to worry about the dumb insurance! The insurance part of this whole equation is really what is driving my "stress." I don't want a c-section, but will have one if I need too. But dealing with the insurance is all ready a pain to start with and I don't want to interact with them anymore than I have to.
Like I just told a friend... I am inclined at this point to just go with the flow and see how things play out. Who knows? Maybe having a 10 pound baby isn't out of my realm of possibility - lots of people have big, even bigger babies than that and have no issues. Maybe I am one of them? And besides, drugs were invented for a reason. And I can't think of a better reason than giving birth to a ten pound baby...
Next appointments - Friday, September 9 and Thursday, September 15.
Again, we started the appointment with an ultrasound. Currently his kidneys are still dialated, however GOOD NEWS is that they are a little smaller than the last visit. Not much, but we will take anything! He is still REALLY big and has gained almost two pounds since our last appointment two weeks ago. Currently, he is weighing in at 8 lbs, 11 ounces. Of course, the ultrasound could be off by a pound either way. (Let's hope it is and he actually is weighing in at 7 lbs, 11 ounces instead.) His heart rate is good, and fluid levels are normal too!
After the ultrasound, we met with Tammi. The talk today was his size. He is considered gestationally large - averaging at about 39 weeks instead of 36. (His stomach is at 41 weeks... he must be eating really well.) Tammi is not concerned about his weight - she just chalks it up to him being a "big boy." She did mention that if he gets to the point where he weighs over 9 pounds, we will be given the option to have him by c-section. Which let's be honest! He is appox 8-11 now with another weight check in 13 days - ya! He is going to be over 9 pounds!
So now the question becomes do we have a c-section or not? And if we decide to go ahead with a c-section, will an "optional" c-section be covered by our insurance? I know if a c-section is necessary, than obviously they pay for it. But if we chose to go this route???
Let me put this out there. I do not want to have a c-section. I didn't want one with Addie and I don't want one this time either. I made that clear to Tammi at the first appointment. But I also know that if it becomes necessary, I will do what we have to do to deliver him safely. However, I also don't want to go through labor for hours and hours on end only to be told that he is too big to be delivered vaginally and that a c-section is necessary. Having both types of labor? NO THANKS!!! And I don't want to chose to have a c-section and find out that insurance won't cover it and be stuck with a HUGE bill.
In regard to the insurance, Tammi told us to sit tight on talking with them about it. She suggested we give him a couple of weeks and a few more visits to see where his weight will be. However, even though we are having another ultrasound next week, they will not be taking measurements - they want to wait at least ten days before they look at where he is measuring. (Next week will be a non-stress test.) If in two weeks, he is up over the 9 pound mark, we will have the discussion with her than about c-section or no c-section. If we have decided c-section is the way to go, than we will approach Tricare than and try and get them to approve a c.s. AND we will go from seeing Tammi - a nurse/mid-wife to an MD. I am hoping that if we decide to go the c-section route that the doc's office can "code" it as medically necessary and this whole concern about insurance is all for not. (I am compiling a list of questions in my brain to ask at the next appointment - things that have been popping up since we left there today.)
The appointment was not a bad appointment, but I did leave feeling pretty overwhelmed. I am really ready to just have him here and would be perfectly happy if he would just come on his own in the next few weeks so we don't have do decide c-section or not? And than we don't have to worry about the dumb insurance! The insurance part of this whole equation is really what is driving my "stress." I don't want a c-section, but will have one if I need too. But dealing with the insurance is all ready a pain to start with and I don't want to interact with them anymore than I have to.
Like I just told a friend... I am inclined at this point to just go with the flow and see how things play out. Who knows? Maybe having a 10 pound baby isn't out of my realm of possibility - lots of people have big, even bigger babies than that and have no issues. Maybe I am one of them? And besides, drugs were invented for a reason. And I can't think of a better reason than giving birth to a ten pound baby...
Next appointments - Friday, September 9 and Thursday, September 15.
Monday, August 29, 2011
First Day of (pre) School
Addison is officially a pre-schooler. Pre-school started today and she is back where she was going this summer. She is only going three days a week - MWF - for three hours a day. We thought that was plenty as next year, I am sure, she will be going five days a week - and the following year is kindergarten. (WHAT?!?!?)
We had an open house with her teacher in her classroom on Friday. And to be honest, at this point I am trying to keep an open-mind about the teacher. I have heard some less that favorable reports on her from friends whose kids had her last year. At this point, I have no opinion on her since I haven't really had a chance to talk to her. Friday as well as this morning was a ZOO!!!
But Addison was excited about this morning. She was in our room at 7 asking to go to school, and 7 is early for her. I guess as long as Addison is happy and loving it, it probably doesn't matter if I like her teacher or not.
I will say though for as excited as she was, she told Charlie on the way there she was scared and even acted a little timid when we got to her classroom. Very odd behavior for her. But as soon as she saw the toys and the other kids, she was good to go. I am just hoping the day went ok...
Hurricane Irene
Like most of the country - the East Coast anyway - we were very interested to see what Hurricane Irene was going to end up doing and where it would go.
Forecasters kept saying all week how bad it would be. How strong it would be - even going as far as saying it would get as high as a Cat 4 at one point. At first we were worried about it coming here and since we live only a few miles from the Gulf of Mexico, hurricanes are a real possibility for us. However once the track changed, the forecaster's than started saying it would impact almost the entire East Coast, we now had a new reason to worry.
We still own a house from when we were stationed in Virginia. And although, Chuck's mom rents it from us, we are still - obviously - responsible for it. Because it ended up being a Cat 2 by the time it got to VA, Kathie evacuated to Chuck's sister's house in Richmond to wait out the storm. Knowing they would all be safe together, we both were very concerned about the house. The house itself sits in a low-risk flood area so while we weren't worried too much about flooding, there are a lot of trees in the yard and surrounding the house. This was one of the things that drew us to the house - even though it maybe should have detered us had we been thinking "hurricane" risk.
We were both pretty edgy of Saturday knowing the storm was sitting right over the house. Unlike Chuck, I wanted to know what was going on so I kept watching the news. Not like I was getting much information from the news, but I do have a few people that I used to work with at NNPS that live in our neighborhood who I am friends with on facebook. So I was able to (sort of) keep tabs on what was happening in the neighborhood a little bit.
Chuck's mom returned to the house yesterday (Sunday) to scope out the damage. She came home to no power and still has no power as of yet. There was a lot of debris in the front and back yard - tree limbs, branches, leaves, etc. - but we are so very lucky to report that nothing happened to the house. Phew! We are both so glad that is over with and even more anxious for 2013 to arrive so we can try and sell the house!!! We have enough things to worry about...
Forecasters kept saying all week how bad it would be. How strong it would be - even going as far as saying it would get as high as a Cat 4 at one point. At first we were worried about it coming here and since we live only a few miles from the Gulf of Mexico, hurricanes are a real possibility for us. However once the track changed, the forecaster's than started saying it would impact almost the entire East Coast, we now had a new reason to worry.
We still own a house from when we were stationed in Virginia. And although, Chuck's mom rents it from us, we are still - obviously - responsible for it. Because it ended up being a Cat 2 by the time it got to VA, Kathie evacuated to Chuck's sister's house in Richmond to wait out the storm. Knowing they would all be safe together, we both were very concerned about the house. The house itself sits in a low-risk flood area so while we weren't worried too much about flooding, there are a lot of trees in the yard and surrounding the house. This was one of the things that drew us to the house - even though it maybe should have detered us had we been thinking "hurricane" risk.
We were both pretty edgy of Saturday knowing the storm was sitting right over the house. Unlike Chuck, I wanted to know what was going on so I kept watching the news. Not like I was getting much information from the news, but I do have a few people that I used to work with at NNPS that live in our neighborhood who I am friends with on facebook. So I was able to (sort of) keep tabs on what was happening in the neighborhood a little bit.
Chuck's mom returned to the house yesterday (Sunday) to scope out the damage. She came home to no power and still has no power as of yet. There was a lot of debris in the front and back yard - tree limbs, branches, leaves, etc. - but we are so very lucky to report that nothing happened to the house. Phew! We are both so glad that is over with and even more anxious for 2013 to arrive so we can try and sell the house!!! We have enough things to worry about...
36 weeks
Here we are at 36 weeks and our due date is rapidly approaching. Although, I must admit time has seemed to slow down immensely over the last few weeks. I really wish it would just keep ticking away because I am ready to have this baby. I am so excited to have a little baby to love on - I just want to meet him. And not to mention not be pregnant in the miserable Florida heat anymore. (Forget the Florida heat, I am just ready to not be pregnant anymore, period.)
I am feeling very uncomfortable. Went to get a few things at Target this morning and it literally wiped me out - I seriously need a nap. I feel like all I do is sit or lay around anymore simply because too much activity makes my ankles and feet swell up like sausages and that isn't comfortable. He continues to move a lot, but mostly in the evening - especially when I lay on my right side. I can still feel his little booty under my right set of ribs so I am pretty sure his head is still down. My heartburn continues to get worse - bought my third bottle of Tums this morning, my second for the MONTH! I know the end is near so I am really trying to focus on that!
I have a doctor appointment on Friday, complete with ultrasound. Wouldn't it be fabulous if the induced me than??? Charlie has it in his mind they are going to. And I guess it isn't out of the realm of possibility as Addison was induced at 38 weeks. (By Friday, I will be almost 37 weeks along.) I have to admit it would be pretty cool to have him on Labor Day weekend since Addison came right around Memorial Day weekend.
Happy thoughts family and friends for a baby to come sooooooon!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)